World Events

Trump’s doctor expects he can return to public events as of Saturday

Trump’s diagnosis threw a wrench into the campaign’s plans, notably with the transition of the second presidential debate into a virtual affair. The debate organizers said the move was to ensure the safety of everyone involved, but Trump was irate at the change and announced he would not participate. His campaign accused the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates of acting in a way beneficial to the Democratic nominee, Joe Biden. Later on Thursday, the campaign said that Conley’s memo made it clear there was “no medical reason” for the commission to change the parameters of the debate.

Still, the president has had time to get his voice heard from his White House confinement. In the days following his hospital stay, he has been particularly active on Twitter and engaged in a lively Thursday interview with Fox Business’ Maria Bartiromo.

Trump announced his diagnosis last week as dozens of people in his inner circle tested positive for the disease. The spread is likely linked to a number of in-person Republican events that the president attended shortly before.

Despite the diagnosis, the Trump campaign has continued to take a lax attitude toward guidelines meant to prevent the spread of the virus. Trump’s son, Donald Jr., participated in an indoor campaign event on Thursday in which few people wore masks.

Source

What's your reaction?

Excited
0
Happy
0
In Love
0
Not Sure
0
Silly
0

You may also like

More in:World Events

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *